PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty kids, bad parenting, exhausted cabin crew
Old 26th Sep 2008, 14:40
Little_Red_Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airlines, how about trying to help by coming up with a seat belt that is attractive to kids..something bright and fluffy that just slides on to a normal belt or extension..only cost a few pence as a give-away and guaranteed to work?
That would be a run-of-the-mill pram toy, many of which I've seen the smart parents bring on board with them to entertain baby. Colouring book, toy car, teddy bear... whatever it is, as some parents posting on this thread have said, work a treat and they bring them along... why should the airline provide the toys, it's just passing on the responsibility, which is what we are complaining about, not the actual kids!!

Example: the other day we were 2 hours delayed on the ground. We gave out some snacks for the kids (the usual nuts/pretzels/crisps type thing) and of course there was one parent who got angry at me because their child "couldn't eat those nasty airplane nuts". Well I'm sorry, we were doing our best, if they knew their kid cant eat the plane food then what is wrong with having something as a backup?

Meanwhile the mum and dad with 2 kids about 4 rows back had brought a bag of small snacks and fruit, some juice bottles plus colouring books for their kids, who were happily colouring in and not hungry. Obviously it can be done!

Yes we do what we can but we can only do so much. Parents make it so much easier for themselves when they come prepared, assume the airline can do nothing for you, and pack accordingly!!

I always bring a lunch or snack just in case I don't happen to like my crew meal, I don't complain to catering that they need to load something that *I* like....