PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty kids, bad parenting, exhausted cabin crew
Old 26th Sep 2008, 14:39
GETA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Good grief...
When our son was 18 months we took him on his first holiday but took the precaution of asking our GP what do to for flying. It was only a 2.5 hour flight but didn't want him to be a nuisance and didn't want to cause him any problems.

His reply was dose him up with medised (antihistamine/paracetamol combo) for a few days before and then give a double dose 30 mins before boarding and he should sleep the whole time.
The GP should lose his licence, pronto, and for following his advice, you clearly demonstrate that a previous poster, who ever so wisely stated that people should have a licence before reproducing, is spot on!

Also, which airlines are you all working with? Chav Central it seems. I have flown more, as a passanger though, than some of the cabin crew ranting here and rarely have I seen a situation, where kids are misbehaving badly.
Also, no disrespect, but to have a FA babysit my kid, well - no thanks.
It takes a bit more than serving drinks and repeating safety instructions to look after a child.

Let the knives fly.....

Edited to add:
Unfortunately I think the parents fuel it by getting the kids all hyperactive about the thought of a plane ride
Why? Why would anybody get their kids hyperactive about a plane ride?? Kids don't hyperventilate over a mere thought of a taxi ride or ride in a boat, what's so different about a plane? It's a form of transport just like all the others.

Last edited by GETA; 26th Sep 2008 at 15:01.