PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty kids, bad parenting, exhausted cabin crew
Old 26th Sep 2008, 14:19
sunnybunny

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Nanocas

I think you have misunderstood me or I didn't explain enough, the reason I asked the GP for advice was because our son did have an ear infection at the time. we were asking was it ok to take our son on a flight at that age which whilst a trivial complaint for an adult it may cause real problems for the child. He suggested sedatives to make it a less traumatic event for the child not specifically for us. The alternative was to cancel the holiday and the hassle of arguing with insurers.

Having been on a flight where a < 1 year old child screamed the whole 5 hour time despite what everyone said or did, I didn't want to get in to that situation. And yes if a child screams for 5 hours it has a problem but once the doors are closed it's a bit late .........

And p.s., he's now 16 just completed Duke of Edinburgh Silver and started college with 11 GCSE passes with a view to becoming a medical student in 2 years time. So we must have got something right.

Last edited by sunnybunny; 26th Sep 2008 at 14:35.