PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty kids, bad parenting, exhausted cabin crew
Old 26th Sep 2008, 14:00
6chimes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst the UK might not be on the top of the best 'parenting skills' list, I find that it is children from other cultures that are the worst. Without being branded as a racist or starting a war of words from posters from non christian religions, a lot of my flights are to the east of Europe where it seems culturally acceptable for children, in particular boys to do just as they please. The fathers sit elsewhere and laugh whilst their wives are left to deal with the 'brat'. There are several religions that promote this behaviour.

Very often I am glared at by parents if I ask a child who is running amok up and down the cabin to sit down because it is bumpy. I am not trying to offend any faith when I ask a child to sit down, I am sure whichever God you choose to worship would rather meet you later rather than sooner.

And it is not only Chavs from the UK, I once had the misfortune of taking the children of a Prime minister on a flight. One of them was a complete 'brat' and its mother was not at all concerned.