PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hevilift Png
Thread: Hevilift Png
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2008, 13:10
bloggs@large

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Night Beetle. I get my info by talking to the (ex)Timor and Solomon and PNG Crews. Also the company put out a newsletter for the crews and staff.
The Puma has not been replaced and PDL / Helicorp tried to slip their 412 in there but the AFP said NO!
It would seem that anyone who has had to deal with the PDL man in Sydney has a very low opinion of his management technique. (rule by terror) This method is applied to his own staff (and clients) and he likes his on site managers to follow his lead. (minihims). It has been conjectured that his whole handling of the Puma contract renewal and consequent departure was all part of his scheme to get Helicorp in there. A 412 to replace a Super puma ????? The 412 performance shortfalls are so obvious they don’t need discussing. Surprised that the AFP union allows their men to go without capable 24 hour emergency cover.

Semi. I wasn’t there for that situation so cannot comment and don’t even know if we are talking the same trainer. An experienced friend of mine was checked by the old VFR guy there now and certainly had only good comments on the training. As for the OVERRIDE comments in a later post after yours, no one I spoke to is surprised that this might have happened. But there is a new VFR CP with a good reputation now??

LongLine. As shown in my earlier post, it is pretty well agreed that if the top management don’t change there is no hope for the rest of the company to make things better. Over the last couple of years the owners have hired QUITE a number of mid management people for no change to the general Modus Operandi of the company. One of the crews I speak to thinks there may be as many “management” and admin staff as there are crews bringing in the revenue. Getting top heavy? At least the new HeviLift CEO has a long term aviation background. BUT, considering the past hevilift Management hiring sucess I guess I will have to ask around about this "background". Maybe there is too much optimism about his chances of improving things.

The realy sad bit of info to come to me: The non flying IFR CP revealed more of his qualifications for the job. It was so bad (to my thinking) that I took the time to get this from a couple of witness sources.
A long term Solomon Line Pilot, who was chasing up the Insurance clarification situation, had a conversation with the CP about it.
LP. says that the CP should be the one doing the chasing up.
CP. says Not my problem.
LP. You’re the CP therefore it is part of your responsibility to look after the crews.
CP. I DON’T GIVE A S**T ABOUT THE F*****G CREWS.
LP. You have to it IS your responsibility.
CP. That is your opinion and opinions are like A***holes – everyone has one.
LP. And some people are A***holes.
Apparently there were a few hanging jaws around the table.
Wonder what the CP will do about his GAFFE. Nothing? He has a reputation for not doing a lot anyway.