PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airspace Discussion
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2008, 07:48
Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Owen Stanley,

Your arrogance and ignorance is breathtaking (wonder where you got that from?)
You claim to know so much more than me, you tell me ?.

Rather poor attempt at humour considering the circumstances ATC find themselves in.
If your are looking for sympathy, you are barking up the wrong tree, perhaps you should drop the short man tactics and actually read my posts completely. We are all debating a gentlemans debate here.

Irrespective of your personal opinion as to whether this would require more controllers is purley academic, why would something so simple in nature, with the potenital for such benefit be so hard for you to see as such?.

As a pilot I believe enabling a lowest safe (protected area) altitude monitoring system for IFR aircraft in RADAR coverage is a great idea ( to be honest I was quite shocked when Mr Smith explained that this system is not already inplace ).

If you as a controller are so over worked and so hard done by and the glass is really that half empty, find another job that brings you happiness.

If enabling this functions cost money, will it save lives ?, quite possibly, well why not atleast have a look at it instead of the closed minded arrogance and personal attacks you have presented.

All the ATC'ers I've personally met to date I view as consumate professionals and are great folks who I have a great amount of respect for, some on this forum paint a very different picture.

Incidently, good luck with the up and coming industrial action, you guys & gals deserve more money and a better work/home balance.

Dick,

I too have flown in many different countries airspace, and whilst there is certainly room for improvement, especially in comparision to the US system, I do not believe it to be the roulette wheel you suggest.

Last edited by Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower; 26th Sep 2008 at 09:29.