PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N-Reg, PPL, IR and UK - advice needed
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2008, 07:11
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gyrotyro, The current proposal is not to force people to leave the N Reg but to gain oversight of them. This means bringing them under EASA oversight for maintenance and the worst bit for many is parallel licensing. This means if you are flying an N Reg and have an IR and wish to continue to do so you will need a European IR to continue to fly in European air space.

It seems they are giving up attacking the N reg directly and just making the requirement onerous. This will mainly effect the small guys who have chosen to go the FAA IR for various reasons but I do know of quite a few N reg commercial guys that will be stuffed as they don't meet the strict medical requirements for EASA.

I have the document in front of me and will try and find the link. It is important that people put a response together to try and prevent this.

I know the nay sayer will come along any minute now (usually those with only FAA IR) and say it will never happen as they have been told by the Head of Policy at EASA's teaboys cat but do not underestimate the determination of the bureaucrats to push through pointless laws in the name of safety oversight.