PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is Mike Taylor? He should be famous.
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2008, 01:45
Dick Smith

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts
landof4x,

I’ll say it again, it doesn’t affect me being held at Williamtown as I can well afford the extra flying time. It is the people who are not wealthy who are affected and the commercial operators who end up with a non-viable aviation business because of unnecessary waste that I am concerned about.

It is also the safety implication, when two or three aircraft are held orbiting over a busy beach.

By the way I am not a ‘retired’ pilot. I fly virtually every day and use my CJ3 and Agusta 109E in my commercial businesses.

I believe I have taken more action in relation to Broome than anyone I know. For example, look here (see here) and go to chapter 19. It will become apparent to you that I have campaigned relentlessly to have a manned tower at Broome.

I have met the so-called safety people at Qantas and Virgin, all to completely no avail. All they want to do is keep the status quo so their profits can be maximised. Why else would Jetstar be against manning the tower at Avalon and why wouldn’t Qantas be prepared to pay a small amount extra to go from the certified air ground operator at Broome to a properly manned Class D tower?

I have had lots of publicity in the media, including the 7.30 Report, in relation to Broome, whereas there has been no similar coverage of holding at Williamtown.