PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 25th Sep 2008, 19:58
mad eng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brave man who states he has no worries flying..... It's been proven that flying is dangerous, as is driving, train travel etc etc. I worry about flying, every time I go. But no more than I worry driving on the A9. Worry is what makes me ask all the difficult questions those who know me hate. Worry is what drives safety and safety leads to less worry. So KIT please worry, every time you work on the aircraft I will fly. Worry that what you are doing is right and that you are doing it to the best of your ability.
The blase way in which many state the aircraft is so safe is, I fear, nothing to do with safety but more to do with feeling that they are under attack form people who want to blame someone for the state of the fleet. You are NOT under attack. I, we, are not blaming the overworked, under staffed, under supported ground trades.
To declare that there are no issues with the Nimrod would be naive in the extreme and those issues are not with individual tradesmen or NLS, they go much deeper, both airframe wise and supervisory. I for one salute NLS for the sterling job they have done in recent years but please beware you don't undermine your opinion by not accepting we have serious issues.

Regards
Mad Eng

Keep up the good work