PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Training Partnership (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2008, 15:36
Captain Punishment

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the students are failing type ratings does this not reflect badly on the easyJet TRI's as they are supposedly conducting the TR?

I think that this is diversing somewhat as all I need is info on the job prospects at the end, do they deliver or not.

I have no issue with the type rating as I am under no illusion that it will be hard work, but I will prepare well before hand and have performed well in all courses that I have done. I also have a strong raw data IFR background so am hoping that I should be fine.

The only real concern is that they deliver their claims of a job with 'one of their several airline partners'

I have a friend who is cabin crew for EZY and from what he says the TC's have not got a problem with the quality of the students coming through the ATP scheme, although maybe 2 or 3 were below par, but this would be expected out of 30 or so candidates. They may have got the type rating but line training is another thing with real pressure and tight time constraints etc so some may not have the spare capacity to deal with it all.