PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not interested in Jet republic?
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2008, 13:05
Iver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will LCY be an option for Jet Republic Owners?

Yeah, that's what I heard about the Lear 60 - big landing distance issues. Does anyone know if LCY will be out of the question for Jet Republic owners? I assume so. Why buy a share in a Lear 60XR if you are going to be so restricted? Swiss ski resorts will also be difficult - I guess taking a limo from ZRH during the winter to your favourite ski destination would be the expectation.

Still, the Lear 60XR looks like a nice airplane to fly. I am just surprised that Jet Republic would put all of their eggs in one basket and not provide some mission flexibility. I would think NJE will exploit this flexibilty weakness and point it out. If availability of aircraft were not an issue, I would think a fleet of Citation Sovereigns would have provided the most bang for the buck - bigger cabin than the Lear 60XR (more room for a FA) and better short field performance from what I hear. Plus, LCY would not be a big issue and you could probably fly pretty far from LCY with its range depending upon loads, weather, etc. The Sovereign would have been a good choice if it were available (and Cessna was willing to cut a deal).