PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Think Tank
Thread: The Think Tank
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2008, 11:09
Celtic Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mickey Kayne thats pretty **** advice in this climate... Before this current economic climate It was a fair argument whether to go to uni or not, however, in the situation now it even more important now to have a proper backup plan, and with universities handing out degrees these days in every subject (next it will be hairdressing)...then how the is someone with just A-levels supposed to get a job!!!! (outside of stacking shelves in Tescos which sure as hell wont pay for flying)

I want to do flying as much as the next guy, I went to university and got a 2:1 in mec engineering, and had a hell of a time!!! If you have the capability then use it and go to university.....

An instructor's job to pay of the loan used to learn to fly... LMAO...
ppl's are starting to dry up....

Dont be silly... To do a degree you'll have to do something worth while like as you say enigneering.., not some donkey degree which is as Mickey says 'not worth the paper it is written on''

Mickey--- The lad is only 17, and you telling him to go and do a job with a lot of reponsibility and only allows him 25 paid holiday days off in a year... his life will pass him by and he wont even realise it!!!!!!!! HSBC wont even look at givin a loan to someone without a degree,, been speaking to them and that seems like the mood... BA wont look at low houred self sponsored pilots without at least a 2:2....

Think you need to think on the situation an weigh up what suits you!!! Dont jump straight into flying.... many or not!!! REad the 'Be Realistic' thread...

p.s Mickey he looses his medical at say 38 and has a family, then do you really think he will go bk to uni, to do at least a four year course, support his family at the same time, and since he will be a matur student at that stage, then he will be entitiled to pay every thing,, no such thing as a student loan then boyo!!!!

I think your having a laugh!!!!!