PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is Mike Taylor? He should be famous.
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2008, 10:21
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obviously I am not making myself clear.

Is the existing tower at Avalon capable of use under normal OH&S guidelines or does it need work to become an 0600-2300 daily workplace?

If it is not 'ready use' what is the estimated cost of enabling the tower to enable occupation? Who pays - Mike Taylor or Linfox?

I am not concerned about the staffing - that is recoverable from the airlines.

Lindsay is prepared to pay? Organisational confusion reigns supreme it seems, or at least did in June:

"XXXX from Linfox/Avalon put the view that from the Aerodrome owner’s perspective the minimum necessary for compliance with the determination was preferred in order to minimize costs to the commercial users of the aerodrome.

They don’t want Avalon to loose its price advantage and potentially its airline customers to Tullamarine. This minimum service would be a Class C radar terminal service from Melbourne Centre (ML TMA) and no Tower (ADC) service."

Edited to add, despite my better judgement:
Your persistence in NASdebation, Dick, is second only to your persistence in wanting to flush out details of other posters.

I'll quite happily put my name on anything I write to CASA, likewise while I'm on this forum I'll post as myself. Learn to live with it, Dick - read the forum rules. By the way - I have written to CASA about the Avalon study - it's a crock and I suggested that my research showed that.

If you were not a protected species you'd have worn out your welcome for prodding other posters long ago. To (mis)quote a moderator rushing to your defence earlier in this thread, this thread is about Mike Taylor not about Dick Smith - and thus by association, other individual posters.