PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be realistic, my friends...
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2008, 10:13
ahwhataloadofsugar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cheer up guys

hey guys i jus said id post on here to try and help some of the guys really itching to start the atpls ,About 8ys ago i was in your boots came out of school was looking forward to start my training but the first problem that hit me was this 100k you needed parents wouldnt just hand it over as i was young or guarantor it as i was still fallin in the door after discos, went became a sparky saved some money then did it, now flying 320 for nice big company wont have command for a goodwhile but i dont mind im in no rush not like the other monkeys on here who think they are ready with 1500hrs, my point here is i would be very careful at the minute what you decide to do. I know its your dream it was mine too but i had to hold out for 4yrs and it all worked out in end, like the other posts are sayin here too get a job, do a degree(outside of aviation) flyabout in your cessna building hours maybe go on flying holiday in florida(best time of my life) but i would not like to be forking our so much money in the current climate recruitment had dried up completely and i think it will get worse, now what i find quite amazing is guys on this site saying my company is getn 3a/c a month so loads of jobs etc etc and at same time those same places askin there pilots to take leave....something astray somewhere , but the bigger picture is in the boeing and airbus sites look at deliverie dates for a/c lots of jobs in coming years so you will just have to be in "right place at right time"

The best of luck to everyone on here i hope ye all get to where you want to go and i dont mean my post in any negative way at all,

safe flyin