PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Info about tax and non-uk residence
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2008, 00:44
KitKat747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiggy

Living France - UK/France tax treaty

Wiggy,

Please forgive me for making a small mistake. You are correct I should have stated 90 days and not 45 days out of the UK. Certainly a day in the UK has to be a midnight when counting the days.

Please read the above link (you might have to type it in as pasting it did not work for me) then scroll down some way to the section headed Airline Pilots; that is where I got the information from. I stumbled accross the link quite accidentally when searching the internet for some information relating to other French taxes.

My understanding from the above link is UK income tax is
due on the first and last day of each trip originating and ending in the UK or for any other days worked in the UK providing no more than 90 midnights are spent in the UK per annum. My understanding also is that the only French tax that is due is from investments that produce a profit including rent and from other employment in France; at the moment.

I was not trying to mislead anyone in anyway. I was trying to be supportive to current commuters and informative to future commuters from the information I had read which I beleived to be correct as it comes from a reliable and professional source on the internet.

Happy commuting