PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Pilots who came from nothing.
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2008, 21:32
mrbarvid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hereīs my short story...

my family never had much money..ever..
I grew up with a mom, two brothers and a sister. My mom worked as a nearse assistant, and she worked days, evenings and nights. So I learned very early on that I had to manage on my own. After a while mom lost her job and all of a sudden weīre on social well fare and so it continued!

Ever since I was a little boy I dreamt of becoming a pilot, and that dream followed me up through the years.
My first attemtp was to apply to a highschool were the trained pilots, I didīnt get in. So i got accepted to the technical side instead.

After that I did my military service.(now I had my mind set on going to the states to get my license). After military service I went to Kosovo as a soldier to save earn and save some money..well..thanks to 9/11 all school shut down for a while and you all now what happened to the industry.

I met a nice girl, and you all now what a nice girl can do.. But I never let my dream go!!!

During this time I had applied for a Proffessional Pilots Training at a Univeristy. But the test are very hard and they only accept 12-14 out of 600 applicants. I didnīt make it the first time.. so i thought OK..i need more money to finance it my self...so I went to Afghanistan as a peace keeping soldier to save up some more money..and risking my life for it!
I thought i might try the Prof. Pilot Uni again..and this time I made it.. so now Iīm one out of 14 students who have the honor of attending this training, which is accually free! Im 29 years old and as of now living my dream. It has been a difficult road, and the story Iīve told here is the short version. Its been a lot rockier than that...

But the outer most thing that got me here is determination and the will to become what I always dreamt of!

So if you really wanna do it! I think its worth it in the end!!

Peace!

(sorry about spelling and such)