PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industry outlook for Instructors????
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2008, 21:29
RogerRamjet01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Demand for instructors

Gearup,

Was in a similar position. To jump, or not to jump.. Currently working as an instuctor, have been doing this for 18 months or so now.

In my observation age is not a problem for instructors. In fact a little more age can definitely work to your advantage. I found myself in this situation - started instructing at 30: Plenty of older students dont want to be taught by a fresh 19y.o. CPL.

Yes there has been a slowdown in local students taking it up, particularly in the last 6 months or so.

Yes india / china will still need to have their students trained (maybe here or elsewhere).

Bottom line is that no-one will have a crystal ball to give you a definitive answer. There is certainly more finger-crossing involved in aviation that my former job, when it comes to hoping that there will be enough work in 12 months time.

IMHO there is demand there for new instructors who can behave in a mature, professional manner, who are committed to teaching (both the flying and the groundwork), and who are seeking to improve their skills. I personally dont think this demand will go away any time soon.

RR.