PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dissertation advice required!
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2008, 21:11
MikeyWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dissertation advice required!

Hi all,

I'm about to start the final year of my BEng Aircraft Engineering with Pilot Studies degree, and need to come up with a topic for my dissertation (or 'final year project' as they call it at Salford Uni).

Ideally I'd like it to deal with a current topical issue that hasn't already been researched to death, but not being an aviation industry insider as yet, its hard to find out about specific issues currently arising.

Areas which particularly interest me include CRM, human factors, cockpit design, airfield design, crash investigation, and generally anything which affects the course of a flight, so anything that would touch upon one or more of these subjects or similar would be something i could really get my teeth into. I have one or two ideas but could really do with a specific issue to deal with.

So if there's something you insiders feel needs addressing, preferably along the lines of the above topics, or if you just have general ideas for a good project, i'd be very grateful for your suggestions!

Something which may help - I'm doing my PPL through the university and so have access to flying school aircraft (Piper Tomahawks). So anything which could take advantage of that in any way may add an interesting aspect to it - just a thought anyway.

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

MW