PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 24th Sep 2008, 18:36
Nimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" What did the union do for us????"

Tony Blair " Our skies are not for sale" Actually they were, but our union said don't worry we won't let that happen.

Backward step, actually our union will let it happen, but we will stop SERCO running NATS, the airline group is a good option ladies and gentlemen they said. BUT DON't WORRY YOUR PENSION IS SAFE AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WON'T CHANGE, they said. Like Lambs to the slaughter we all agreed and believed our union reps knew what they were doing.

A few years later the pension is threatened. " DONT WORRY THEY SAID, ONE NATS ONE PENSION" That is the way and what we will fight for.

What have we here, yet another large backward step, so there will be 2 pension schemes after all. A deal worked on by the hard working reps who have sold us down the river so often that they all have a major shareholding in Hoseasons holidays!!!

ENOUGH ENOUGH. Vote NO, on this offer. Think back to what has happened over the years, in a few years our glorious union reps will agree that the "old" scheme is unsustainable because management has told them so.

That powder is so so dry it is about time that we set it alight,the pension is what we all work for, I will not be happy working alongside colleagues I have shafted and who will out number me in years to come and take delight in closing my pension down.

ONE NATS ONE PENSION IS WHAT I WAS TOLD WHAT I WANT AND WHAT I BELIVE WE SHOULD FIGHT FOR.