PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CATS - Cranfield Aviation Training School
Old 24th Sep 2008, 18:10
Dane-Ger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To give another opinion, I did (last exams in 10 days) distance learning with CATS, and I only know Stuart from the three times I have been there for brush up weeks.

Firstly, you do need a lot of self motivation and hard work with CATS, as you do with any distance learning option. That is what it is all about, you work hard on your own. The brush up should only help you with weak areas. you can't expect to learn everything in that week.

Secondly, Mike Burton knows his stuff inside out, no fault can be aimed at him. I would also say that I would not have passed met without Stuarts brush up, he made some of the principles very easy to understand.

There are things that are not perfect at CATS and Stuart seems incredibly busy (maybe too busy!) but I have never had a problem getting a hold of him or maria via E-mail.

All in all I have saved myself a lot of money using CATS, the online notes are very good, and so far I have passed my first 10 exams, first time, with a 89% average. And living abroad the flexibility has made it perfect for me. I have been able to fit in brush ups sometimes two months before my exams, with the offer to come back for an extra brush up for free.

I don't believe the workload would have been less (or my results higher) by spending more money at another school.

As for the Bristol QB, 90% of students at ALL schools end up paying the £50. So I don't think CATS is so different.

Again, this is an honest opinion, I have been frustrated as well sometimes with some things, but all in all it has easily been worth the saving. My profile has my blog website, so there is no secret as to who I am (i.e I don't work there)

D-G

Last edited by Dane-Ger; 24th Sep 2008 at 19:46.