PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 24th Sep 2008, 12:30
ayrprox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so much for 'ONE NATS ONE PENSION'

do i believe its reasonable to pass on the costs??

you're damn right i do!! if this was a manufacturing plant, and the main costs were electricity and maintenance of the machinery, then our increased costs would justifyably be passed on to the consumer.
Unfortunately the main cost for this company is PEOPLE. It is The PEOPLE in this company that ensure the safe running of day to day operations. It is the PEOPLE in this company that try to minimize delays to the consumer, it is the PEOPLE of this company that for so many years have 'helped out' by survivng on goodwill. It is the PEOPLE of this company that help ensure any future profits that this company will produce.
So i have one question.
Why do you seem to want to P!SS the PEOPLE OFF so much?
Evenually we will pay off the burden of debt left to us by this government(). After that the profits of the company will soar. How about you invest in the future profits of the company and ensure that the PEOPLE continue to want to work for this company. We struggle as it is to get enough quality people to the operational end of this profession, How do you you expect to attract people when you continually cut back and cut back on the benefits . The Pension is one of the most attractive benefits of this job, and please dont people start saying about how we cannot expect to maintain a final salary scheme when everybody else is closing theirs. I'm not interested in other companies scheme's.
If this company had been paying the amount it was required to pay at the beginning, we would not be in the situation we are now. Mr barron has been put in this company for one reason in my opinion, to close the current pension scheme, reduce the liability of the company so it can be sold off and he can ride away with a huge bonus and massive personal pension fund to whatever company he wants to screw over next, as i believe allegedly happened at alstom ( i stand to be corrected by the way). i'm sure he's a nice guy but thats my opinion.

As to this 'proposal' i have one childish reply