PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GASIL - Ivory tower?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2008, 11:54
HeliCraig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I agree that the tone of GASIL can sometimes be overly patronising - I think on balance I would rather have it than not. It often provides useful information, but like all publications the source must be considered when making your own evaluation of the contents.

As for the anti-CAA and CAA safety evening comments, I think that perhaps you fixed wing guys are just unlucky with who you have to deal with. I can't comment directly as I don't have to deal with them. However I can speak as I find:

The heli chaps at the CAA have always been nothing short of entirely helpful, never patronising and frequently impart the wisdom of their experience freely. They have even, of late, attended some of the informal "safety evenings" organised by a member of PPRuNe in their own time, without payment, and been very very informative and contributed to the discussion freely.

I believe that one of the individuals to whom I refer is indeed ex Military, which would tend to discount the "its the way the military do things" argument. Perhaps its just the way some individuals do things - again consider the source when evaluating the content! Don't tar all of the chaps and chappesses at the CAA with the same brush.

(and no, I don't work for and am not related to anyone who does work for The CAA).

Last edited by HeliCraig; 24th Sep 2008 at 11:56. Reason: spelllling.