PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - who are your nicest celebs?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2008, 11:40
mickchick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Celebs in flight

I see in today's Daily Mail that Cilla Black is hotly denying that she is ever rude to or difficult with, cabin crew. Says she is scared of flying so she always takes a knockout pill and goes to sleep, making no demands on anyone.
On the subject of flying celebs, I remember many years ago on a flight from Montreal to Los Angeles sitting across the aisle in FC from John Wayne.
In those days, federal aviation rules allowed passengers no more than two alcoholic drinks in US airspace, and in my experience as SLF this was always rigidly applied.
However, JW had other ideas. He downed his first two drinks very quickly after TO, then demanded a third. When the flight attendant reminded him of the rules, he growled 'who dares argue with the Duke?' He got his third, his fourth, and in fact I counted twelve. With the rules so flagrantly bent for him, the cabin crew could hardly refuse to exceed the limit for the other passengers. By the time the flight landed, everyone ewas absolutely legless - excedpt for JW, who aoounced to the crew as he diksembrked 'I'm gonna need a drink after this'.