PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR T5-Survival Tips, Hints, Places to go & Things to do
Old 24th Sep 2008, 06:40
c2lass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was in T5 a couple of weeks ago and had a few hours to spare so after having a fab breakfast in April in Gordon Ramsay's Plane Food we booked lunch. It was good but we didn't come away with the "wow" factor which we had before. Cannot complain about any of the food (apart from the price) Total bill £77 which included a bottle of wine at £21. Most of the meals do not come with potatoes or veg so you need to order those separately at £2.95 a shot - 5 tiny boiled potatoes for that as well!!

One thing that did disappoint me slightly was at the side of the table on the floor was a sort of vent (basically a stainless steel/metal strip about a foot wide) which ran down the side of the floor and I noticed this had become quite dirty in the grooves and needed a good clean. Also there was a high chair at the back of the next table which sat there with its dirty tray for the whole of our time in the restaurant. Minor things I know but not what I would have expected from Gordon Ramsay.

Before our meal we went for an aperitif in the Bar 5 (think that is what it is called) which is the bar inside one of the World of Duty Free shop) and two gin and tonics set us back a staggering £16.00 Not bad when they sell two, two litre bottles for £16.00!!