PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 24th Sep 2008, 05:04
V-Aus-noobie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have my interview day for V Australia coming up soon, and am now wondering if its the right thing to do? I know people in training now who are saying apparently the training groups are now being told to vote on a collective agreement which is basically the same as the contract except that its locked in for 5 years. I thought that was ok - but my uncle who is a lawyer told me to be careful because common law contracts have lots of protection that are lost if the training groups vote yes to this agreement. he said that under a common law contract we are able to get someone to negotiate for us if we want something changed - it doesnt have to be the union - but if the agreement gets in, it means that it over rides the nsw law for the time of the agreement. Does ne1 who has seen the colective agreement know how detailed it is? Does the colective agreement contain all the stuff and details that the nsw common law covers? I have read on here that the contract is not that great. Does ne1 know more about this stuff? now I am scared cus I have a good job in a restaurant that I luv, and my boss really looks after me - but have always wanted to fly - what should I do?