PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety during turbulance
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 20:31
jeanyqua

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safety during turbulance

Hi,
Slf here,and hoping you don't mind me asking CC a question in this section.
Flew home from Bgi on thursday,& had just returned from the washroom,via the galley where i'd asked for another round of drinks.
I opened the overhead bin,to remove a small bag...luckily i closed the bin,& as i stood and talked to my partner we went into turbulence.
I've never experienced anything like this before,not just the usual creaking & bumpiness of the cabin,we seemed to drop so fast,like we fell in a hole...then got the bumpiing afterwards.
My instant reaction was to squat,and cover my head with my arms a bit like the brace position,as i felt my feet lift off the floor...( i admit i was scared)...only to see crew in the aisle a few feet away,flung against a seat,before she adopted the same squat position,but she grabbed the armrests....did i do the right thing...? or should i have grabbed the armrests for my safety....?...I'm asking in case i'm ever in this situation again.
I was just thinking to protect my skull.
I know that there have been serious injuries in the cabin,when you are caught unawares.
I think the poor chappie in 3B got a kick in the shins as i practicaly threw myself over him to get in my seat .
We did share a laugh later when the seatbelt signs had been switched off again,and she offered to get us those drinks,but firstly asked me if i was okay....

Thank you.