PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Preparing for the unexpected...
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 19:48
Final 3 Greens

Maybe you should read the thread a little more carefully, as I do not see anyone linking PilotDAR's electrical failure to losing the ASI in his Cessna.

What Barrow asked was "Are you telling me you can't land or fly without a functioning ASI?" in response to DAR saying "My little home made tiny white LED party light on a clear suction cup, on the airspeed was nice too, or I would have been landing into the black hole with the flashlight in my teeth."

So it is clear that Barrow was not making "a non-sequitor introduction of an irrelevant topic into this thread", but just challenging DAR as to whether he could land without a functioning ASI, at night, to clarify his comments."

DAR replied that he could, under certain circumstances, but preferred not to, this time.

Barrow then expanded upon his practice as an instructor in response to Contact Tower, but not in respect of Pilot DAR's incident.

What's the big deal?

No doubt this post will generate 17 paragraphs of response, with war stories and an invitation to rewrite the flight training manual