PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arik Air assesment
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 15:14
CFM56-7B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Smith

I don't know how expat pilots there survive. I will find out soon, because my company is sending me there for 4 weeks. For what I've heard so far not everybody survives to Africa, especially thanks to malaria (in that particular country life expectation is around 44 years). I would be very happy to avoid the "safari" but, as a quite unexperienced F/O, that's very likely the only way to have my contract renewed and keep my little job in EU (if I also manage to keep my medical licence safe from mosquitos & co...).

P.S.
PLTFORLIFE
I didn't mean to argue about the need for a selection to get any job or the give any personal bad comment about Nigeria (I haven't been there yet so I couldn't). It's just some datas I got on internet.
I was just wondering if the situation was so bad all around the world that even experienced pilots from rich countries (also USA?!) are fighting to get a job in a place that is not exactly safe and where allegedly (pilotjobsnetwork) the conditions are quite bad.

As I said I have to go there for a few weeks too and but I have no much choice about that. Only thing I can do for now is to start a thread to get at least some information about how not to get in any trouble while I'm there, any contribution will be very very appreciated.

Thank you all and wish you good luck!