PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to do my ATPL
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 11:48
chickentikkamasala

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oxford is an excellent place to do your ground school, I wen't there a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The lecturers there were great. Not sure whether they still run separate atpl ground school there.

However read through some of the other strands on this forum about the state of the industry before committing large amounts of money at this time.

There is a school of thought about the merits of going down the modular route to give yourself some flexibility to try and time the end of your training for the upturn in the industry which I would say wouldn't be for another 2 years.

However no one has a crystal ball so it's your call.

If you really want to go down the Integrated route then I hear Oxford is a good place to train, as is Jerez.

If you want modular training then Stapleford is well respected.

If you decide to start the Oxford course in February then there is nothing stopping you buying some second hand oxford atpl manuals and start studying now while you are waiting.

I guess if you meet the pre-requisits for Oxford then you already have enough hours so I would advise only to do any extra hours from the UK for now.

Good luck.