PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In Flight Book - help needed!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 10:33
Jet2LeedsTom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Flight Book - help needed!

I tried to post this yesterday but it never appeared - sorry if I posted in the wrong section

Right… I have a question which is could be totally unnecesary and silly, but could be relevant. Either way, I'd rather ask for a personal opinion and avoid any problems or embarassment (to anyone) at a later date.

I am on a ten hour flight from the UK on Saturday and would like to get stuck into a book I've been planning to read for a while but not really had time: Jason Burke's Al Qaeda

http://books.google.co.uk/books?hl=en&id=-_FJFFrit8AC&dq=jason+burke+al+qaeda&printsec=frontcover&sour ce=web&ots=XLu3q1WPHR&sig=aNPdrxtfM06roUA3wS6jEnXuV7Q&sa=X&o i=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result#PPR9,M1

Now… For obvious reasons I TOTALLY understand that this may cause a problem - possibly spooking fellow passengers, maybe worrying security and potentially giving cabin crew a sensitive problem.

I do not want any of the above to happen. But I do want to read this book! I take on the chin any comments you may have, be they "how could you be so effing stupid taking that stuff on an a/c" to "no worries, it's fine" !!

Many thanks