PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 06:27
[email protected]

Received 623 Likes on 271 Posts
Jungly - in your vitriolic outrage you have chosen to interpret some of my post incorrectly.

I know the Vd for the Sea King is 157 kts and with a reduction of a factor of 1.1 becomes a VNE of around 145kts. Then the RTS process adds in additional safety and fatigue factors resulting in the Service FE limit (not a VMax) of 127 kts.

My point about no greater speed with Carson blades is that 127 FE limit is available at MAUM (not normally the case) AND at higher DAs - so my statement that you get no increase in speed is entirely correct.

As for the trials - you will know then that with the full Carson fit, 145 kts is easily available without excessive vibration or T & B problems - the SUR for the Mk4s as with most SURs was a quick fix to give best bang for bucks which it has done but not without problems - you say there is no T&B issue, I have heard otherwise.

As for twaddle - you were the one authoritatively spouting about drag on the MRH limiting the performance - utter sh8te so don't throw stones

I am normally available on the phone on the SAR flt at Chivenor.