PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is Mike Taylor? He should be famous.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 05:18
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
ACMS, you obviously do not know me. The fact that you believe that I want someone to “mould into my way of thinking” shows that you have little understanding of the way I work. My success has come from surrounding myself with capable people, asking advice then acting upon that advice. Unfortunately, sometimes you can get wrong advice, and that is where you need to use common sense to decide which advice is correct.

ACMS, I don’t “mould into my way of thinking” – I have no necessity to do that. When people have different views, I listen to them and ask advice from others to see if the views are likely to be correct. I believe a success force is to surround yourself with capable people – the reason you can be successful is by letting them perform and encouraging them. That is the way I have always worked. Do you think there is something different – i.e. that I somehow have the abilities to be successful and don’t need to take notice of anyone? If you do, that is indeed a great compliment to me, but it is not true.

ACMS, you may be interested in knowing that very little of my aviation knowledge comes from something that is ‘invented.’ It virtually all comes from others who have given me advice which I can see is correct.

You seem very biased – no wonder you are anonymous, even though you have made over 1,000 posts.