PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - D.U.I charges
Thread: D.U.I charges
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 02:11
LM82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel D.U.I. in interview

gday chaps.

i also have a d.u.i. charge from 7 years ago however i was found guilty but there was no conviction recorded, which is a double edged sword as an asic applications asks for 'findings of guilt in the last 10 years' (i have an asic with no problems) however most airline applications ask for 'previous convictions in 3/5/10 years'.

anways all that is well and good what i am rreally asking is do you guys/girls think it is a good i idea to bring it up in the interview at all unless ask directly about it or just try and not mention it until you fill out an asic application for that company, i mean what if you get the old question 'whats the biggest mistake you have ever made?' which my dui would be the answer or am i better off choosing my second biggest mistake to talk about it until ask directly about any past guilt/convictions.

i realise you could be shooting yourself in the foot by bringing up something negative like that but i would think if you could turn that charge into a positive for you for e.g. i was very young when that happend and since i have a perfect driving record? surely the interviewer would appreciate the honesty and although big mistake if you can show how its changed you and what you learnt from it.

anybody had something similar that they have experienced?

p.s. sorry for the longwinded post