PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kendall Herons?
Thread: Kendall Herons?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2008, 23:02
Agony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone has already subtly tried to cover, is is actually KENDELL with an E.

I remember standing on the tarmac with Dad waving goodbye to CLW on the way to Tarawa after some late night painting of the bird on the tail and dramas with some fuel leaks on the (from memory, lamax help me out here) rarely used outboard wing tanks that were on CLW not KAM.

As DK and JM departed overhead we discovered the antenna for the newly acquired emergency beacon still sitting on the desk in the office!

KAM and "Whiskey" were fantastic aircraft but sufferd the fate of the late 70's fuel price hikes and had to make way for the Metros. Heard some gresat stories of the landing ability (especially on grass at WG).

Many fond memories of both aircraft in Kendell colours.

And for the previous poster who asked about other aircraft, yes they had two Navajos, DAP and CLU, and a Shrike KAC (from memory). Sadly DAP crashed in the Tasman Sea off Nowra during a target towing incident. Believe it was an airspeed / engine failure / releasing the target issue that cuased the crash, not 100% sure. Thought CLU crashed near CNS, but from reading the post above maybe I confused that with the Connair Heron......