PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft work in Oz.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2008, 13:16
spanner90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi EvoIan,

You Brit quals are similar to the Cert IV in Aeroskills, but they must be compared to the Aus Qualification Framework.

Part of my job is to do exactly that. The requirement stems from the Def Aust 9022 I mentioned previously. If you apply to a Defence contrator for a job, the first thning they will need to do, is get your existing qualifications converted to the Aus equivalent.

To explain; Aus has embraced "Competency Based Training" as the standard for all trades training. This means that not only do you have to pass the academics (knowledge), you must also demonstrate the ability to do the job (skill), and you must have the correct approach to the job (attitude). Hence, a competency is made up of Skills, Knowledge and Attitudes (SKA). The only valid way of assessing these is via On-Job Assessment, by an Approved (Aerospace) Assessor. Once you have collected enough competencies from the Aeroskills package, you are granted the Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Mech/Struct/Avionics).

I hope I haven't bored you with academic crap, and that you find this information useful.

Spanner