PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trouble on the Tyne?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2008, 11:21
niknak
niknak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think anyone with ADI/APP and APS would have to be made a good offer otherwise there would be no incentive to move.

I do know someone who, at the time had ADI only with little chance of APS training forthcoming for a while at his unit.

He applied Up North and was offered signicantly less to start, the top of the scale being only just what he was earning at the time and no promise whatsoever of further training.
He politely declined, now has the APS rating and probably won't be going anywhere for a while.

It appears that management at NEW have decided that training their own staff is not the way to go, but the problem that they'll come up against is that an increasng number of ADI only rated atco's will stay where they are because they know that eventually the'll get the APS at their own units.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose, but the once excellent reputation of the ATC unit at NEW is being severely sullied by leaders who appear to be hell bent on following the national trend of crisis management.