PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 22nd Sep 2008, 07:27
Smirnoff N21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jedem das seine

the phrase has a very symbolic meaning my friend namely During World War II, the Nazis used the German phrase at the entrance to the Buchenwald concentration camp. The gate reading "To Each His Own" remained in use after the war, when the Soviets occupied the camp and utilized it for the imprisonment of the Nazis themselves. That could also be easily written on the tech building's entrance with the exception of killing or torturing of course. Cut the long story short I value myself more than vain promisses thus abuse of trust has clearly taken place. As it turns out, the new policy has just made it clear that if I stayed I'd be screwed for the next 2-3 years on the 320. Remember 330 was promised to us. Is that a problem? NO i can live with that. Is that an abuse of your trust? YES. Accommodation same story etc etc etc. Once I've been told by very senior people in the airline a brilliant principle "the more senior you get the less you're respected" All in all it's QR's policy to cook you hopes and trust on the long flame and keep you hoping for whatever.... Hope dies at last, doesn't it. That's the answer to your questions QR 515 and as much as I respect you as a participant on this discussion, I have to comprehend the reality and simply do what's best for me, not for QR. It works out nicely for both of us QR got me fooled for 4,5 years keeping me in the right seat and the closer one comes to command the more rigorous the abuse becomes cause they simply believed one has got nowhere to go and it's too risky. I got 330/340 on my C.V. with world wide experience catapulting me to the top candidates as DEC on the list of others. There's always a way and as long as QR doesn't learn to treat people with dignity and human touch the outcome will be the same "abuse and get abused". As an individual one has got to face this question "DO I WANT TO DEAL WITH UNRELIABLE AND UNPREDICTABLE PARTNER?" If the answer is yes go for it if it's NO kiss it good bye.
Don't take it personally take it on the rocks!!!