PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAA ATC Positions
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2008, 14:51
ock1f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What ^^^^^ ???????????

Very good thread this espeacially the last couple of pages. It gives a very good and honest idea of the good and the bad of both the IAA and Ireland Inc.

In general if you want to come and focus on doing your job then you have no worries. Stick with your new colleagues. On a day to day basis working is fine. As i have stated before we go in,do our thing and go home. The problems that have arisen have eminated in their entirety from further up the food chain.

Losing touch with what your core business is and focusing on extracting the absolute maximum from your bottom line have led to a management team that have lost sight of the big picture and the fact that it is the intangable benefits that make a good company and a good product. The IAA is one of the biggest ATC providers in europe and for such a large ANSP we charge the lowest unit rate or close to it every year. We have a good business and we should keep it that way.

Perhaps the last few months may have gradually opened up their eyes to the fact that by turning the IAA into the rIAAnair of ATC by just screwing with your main asset (us-the very flexible,hardworking and compliant staff) is not the way to build a sustainable business. I hope that lessons are learned from the last few years and we are never backed into a corner where we have to fight in order to make people see sense and reality.I Hope....................

Anyway rant over

To all the new arrivals welcome and thanks for coming. It does take guts to leave the comfort zone and head off. Im sure you will be welcomed and may even like the place.......but not the f"$%*ing weather!