PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2008, 12:49
bristowburnout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEO,

You mean King Bob, sitting on his throne surrounded by his fawning acolytes who, as you say spend most of their time ignoring or insulting anyone not in their clique, including other engineers. Maybe that's why a number of people either drink in their rooms or cross the road and drink in the bush bar opposite. It seems to be peculiar only to the BRC in Lagos. With the amount most of them smoke and drink it will be interesting to see how many will have a problem passing a medical now that the NCAA has introduced a requirement for engineers to have an annual medical examination. Bristow has a big shortage of engineering staff already and it may well soon get even worse if new helicopters arrive and some guys can't pass a medical I used to hate going through the place.

Talking of new helicopters, what news of the almost-mythical Agbami contract?

Is it true that Mike Armlick is not on leave because he wants to be, but because he's worried about his safety after the Nigerian unions demanded that Bill Chiles get rid of him? With the number of local employees he's now put on the bread-line it's not surprising the nationals hate him. Bristow in the shape of WASBU really has become a company with no mission, many worlds, no team . I hope that even my new bosses aren't that awful, but whether they are or not it will be good to be someplace other than Nigeria for now.