PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2008, 09:03
SPA83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/espana/avion/empezo/balancearse/pasajeros/gritar/elpepiesp/20080921elpepinac_2/Tes

google translation

MECHANICAL SPANAIR "There is no cause of the accident"
Philip G. R. was the mechanic who came to repair the damage of the MD-82. "Uploaded by stairs to the cockpit. The captain explained to me that the resistance of the heating of the probe was functioning on the ground, must operate only when in flight. I tried to troubleshoot the failure. I got a fuse and found that the resistance stopped heated on the ground. I consulted the manual Minimum Equipment (MEL) and found that the plane could be despatched and defer the settlement of the problem to a maximum of 10 days. The commander also found that the temperature was corrected. "

July N. is maintaining technician Spanair. It was next to Felipe to repair the plane. "We saw that the heater is the RAT Heating ashore. The commander was with us in the cabin. I told my partner that he had to pull the fuse and see if the temperature fell. We put the sticker inoperable at the scene of fuse when the temperature began to drop. The MEL permitted. All this with the journey of flight and the temperature was not going to be of extreme cold. In that case, it would have crippled the ship. But that damage is not caused directly or Indirect accident. "

Jose Antonio V., head of maintenance of Spanair on the turn that crashed the plane, who was sent to the technicians to repair the damage in the parking lot 11. "An operator of Newco [company responsible for coordinating the flights clue] I warned by radio that the plane had a problem with the test of RAT. Upon reaching the ship, confirmed to me that the technical fault. It was deactivated heating the test and, according to the MEL, the aircraft was dispatched. It can be made if there are no conditions for freezing.
In addition, the pilot agreed to the procedure. "