PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 21st Sep 2008, 07:50
vivace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qatari515, in response to your post above... the guys who have left so far to AA apart from one German guy,had very good reputations/clean records with QR and were heading for command in QR. From friends in training dept. they were surprised they left as they had a good history in the company. I know two of them and these guys opted for lifestyle, Malaysias an attractive place with a low cost of living.
You mention facts but yours are all way out, Im a 10000hr + capt,more than 7000 on Airbus and believe me I looked into going there as well just for the better living conditions.I researched it...salary there is around 9000USD a month, the company is a very different place now to the AA guys you talk to who left in the old days. All new aircraft, big orders and a huge force here in Asia. Many ex AA capts left to EY,EK and Europe as well as KAL etc etc.Companies dont bias baed on previous airline,they survey you in the interview,thats what its for. You dont just walk into the job either,targetting high hour experienced guys with a comprehensive sim check,high failure rate. For me it wont work as with teeenage kids who need a private IB(euro system)school,there is no education allowance so I had to cancel the plan.

Last edited by vivace; 21st Sep 2008 at 08:44.