PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Pilots who came from nothing.
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2008, 00:29
johnc21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Francie

Hi im John

I am glad that you started this thread.I was always the type of individual that works on the principle if you want something enough and absorb yourslef enough in it, it will start happening (ie live here and get tips galore!) fly sims, in other words live and breath aviation.But don't just dream about it..

I myself didn't walk out of my schooling doing a song and dance with my results, however about 8 months prior to that I had decided to become an airline pilot.
It was a dream for a long time about various things such as money, commitment, mental capacity to take it all in, but in my years in the "real world" if you like I found a quote which I like - "anything the mind can concieve, the mind can achieve" and anything I apply it to works out for me.

" "The only question you must ask is whether you will" now that I think will be a big factor with me cos my big weakness is motivation on my own mainly because I frew up without my father ya'know, anyway I'll keep yas posted and am glad to be part of all of this with you"

Regarding motivation, if it is what you really want in this life and you will know if it is,
I would recommend networking, get to know people in the industry, go online to forums, go to itunes and download video blogs of people doing the training all to keep your mind motivated and eyes on the prize.Just to mention also I have not started my training either but I know I will soon, and on that note please PM me for my email I would like to follow your progress and I will share my progress also if you fancy it. I could be your first contact from networking.......lol

Wishing you all the best
Regards
John