PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time Building Or Paying For Work?
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2008, 00:20
CFM56-7B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paying for hours?

I know lots of people (me included) that very recently got a job with type and no hours. First tip is look very very very very well around you before paying for your hours.

Right now, unfortunately, there will be a lot of people with thousands of jet hours and no job (Hopefully me not included) from Futura, Alitalia, XL and all the others still to come in the next winter months...

With 500 hrs and a type you'll be just one of the many... without hours it won't be better anyway.

By the way, why a Lear? Don't you think an A320 or B737 would be more marketable? If you want really to pay for your hours you can get 500 B737 hrs in Morocco (Eaglejet) for around 10k euros.

In conclusion if you are not very rich stay at the window and look what happens if you try to apply around EU for some SSTR (even some small executive operators have that!), or do just your type and try again.
If you are rich, then the world is yours! With your 23k pay for 1000 hrs on the 737 and you'll have really good chances to get a job.
But why do you want to be a pilot if you are so rich?