PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines B737-800 tries to take off from Taxiway in HKG
Old 21st Sep 2008, 00:06
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Well I for one didn't mention race anywhere in my posts.

I did however mention incompetance. And that is what this incident is

INCOMPETANCE

They can paint all they want on the tarmac, I can see it's not going to hurt but in this case I don't think it would have helped. The sign would be near the holding point of the runway and this 737 never came close to that point did it? And it was dark.

Would you suggest they paint a sign on taxyway B saying "runway ahead sign ahead"

If a so called "experienced" Captain can mis-identify lots of wonderful different colour lights AND sign boards on a good night at one of the most modern airports anywhere in the free world then he's very below par.

There is just so many different visual cues around the airport that it's just plain funny how he could stuff up.

And I believe taxyway A ( where he attempted T/O ) around the north west corner of the field ONLY HAS CENTRELINE GREEN lights and NO SIDELINE BLUE.

THIS MEANS HE TRIED TO TAKEOFF WITH ONLY CENTRELINE GREEN LIGHTS...............that's even worse...........

Ground the i immediatly for 1/ colour vision tests
and 2/ re-training on airport signs.

THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE FREINDS.