PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alitalia (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2008, 23:32
CptBlood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alitalia and THE future

Dear Sirs,

I am an italian airline pilot, flying for an italian private company called Meridiana. Having read all of your posts, I'd like to say something about this issue.
I apreciate and accept every opinion because there is truth in every single opinion and we (thanks God) live in democracy, but there is something that is really missing in those opinions. I try to make myself clear.

A serious and mature analisys of the situation should not include someone's sympathy or disliking for Italy or for AZ. Of course, the airline was managed very badly and many times passengers were forced to face ridiculous situations, I'll agree with that 100%. However, when somebody tells that it's ok that AZ bankrupts and pilots HAVE to accept the new contract, well that someone is not realizing that such a shamely contract is a threat for EVERY single pilot in Italy and maybe in Europe. We do have to preserve our professionality and dignity, otherwise other company will say "hey, lets do the same here! Let's apply the same contract!" , you know what I mean?
It is already happening here: we have the best contract in Italy, but Meridiana is already trying to cancel our contracts for the new one, and this is a really bad news, because if this happens, italian pilots will be at the same level of an average clerk!
So, yes, AZ must change,finish, or whatever. But please think twice before saying that AZ pilots are doing wrong while opposing the hardest NO to the new contract. I have downloaded it, and I swear, it is the biggest shame ever.
Best regards

Last edited by CptBlood; 21st Sep 2008 at 00:44.