PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAA ATC Positions
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2008, 23:28
west atc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys,

Good to hear some balanced discussion about the IAA and advice on what we should be keeping an eye on.

As regards contract staff, I for one welcome anyone who will make our lives a bit easier and allow us to get a day off for a wedding , christening etc. I admire their bravery to travel so far as i have worked abroad and know what it is like .Just join the union and dont let yourselves be used as a stick to beat us in the next dispute.
I have joined the IAA as a permanent employee and I will be joining IMPACT as soon as I am permitted too, I have already had a good look at the website.

childcare isn't cheap
We are unlucky (lucky) enough that we don't have any kids!

We definitely aren't doing this as a money making exercise. We definitely aren't expecting the IAA to be significantly better than ASA, but I hope it is better. From what I have garnered so far, it is better in terms of work life balance; even if some of you consider the rosters to be sh!te; it's what you are used to I guess, ASA is becoming the envy of the world, NOT!.
Hear, Hear!

Life is too short to wonder what if?

With an attitude and an outlook like that you will have no problems no matter where you go. I hope you take the up one of the positions with the IAA, we could do with your kind and lots more like you. I hope your attitude rubs off on a few of our more negative colleagues.It would be a good idea if one of our current Direct entries came on this thread to give an honest opinion and comparison. ''6 handicap''. Portmarnock for you. Although Donabate has a fine selection of courses. Best of luck and hope you take the job.
Thanks for that, a change is as good as a holiday as they say. I have taken up one of the permanent positions and will be arriving in Dublin on October 1st. I will be coming into the ACC early the following week to have a look and hopefully get a head start on my training, I'm expecting it to be tough but not insurmountable.

If any of the guys in Dublin want to go out for a drink or a round of Golf sometime after I arrive let me know by PM.