PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2008, 23:23
Green-dot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
justme69,

Basically it says that both reversers were found detached from their engines. One found with many signs being deployed and the other one not. The picture that showed one of the recovered engines seemed to have it still attached, so it doesn't quite make sense to me what they are saying there either.
Apart from two pictures published of the same deployed reverser, I have not seen a picture of the stowed/deactivated reverser. The pictures i have seen of the two engines appear both to be missing the reversers. One engine (with part of the stubwing still attached) is photographed at the main wreckage site near the stream, resting against a slope or river bank and later shown being transported on a red truck which is definitely missing the reverser. The other engine is photographed, seen hanging from a crane and it appears to be also missing its reverser.

There is also a piece of aft engine ducting, without a reverser, photographed resting against the left side of the tail section.

Perhaps you are referring to a picture unknown to me?

From your translation of the draft report it is confirmed the deployed reverser is from engine number 1 (left).

Thanks for translating the reports into English in many of your posts. You are doing a great job

Regards,
Green-dot