PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arik Air assesment
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2008, 23:14
CFM56-7B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's going on?!

B200Drvr I couldn't agree more with you about the craziness of going to that kind of selection and expenses to get a job in the 158th (out of 177) country in the world for human developement.

I know that the domestic situation looks bad right now but on the other hand my company has been hiring people with 2-300 hundred hours on type all the summer long (not anymore due to end of the season).
I got my jet job in march with a type and 400 piston hours and all I had to do was going in person to some 20 companies around EU, all my schoolmates got airline jobs in 2007-8 and one of them has just got a job (last month!) with FR with 200 pistons hours.

Consider about Nigeria that they have kind of a civil war down there, for not mentioning +100 tyes of malaria (allegedly very easy to get) and every kind of disease you can possibly expect to find in an exotic place like that. (nothing against Nigeria and Nigerians but these are pretty much the facts, and please correct me if I said anything wrong).

What about north Africa? Allegedly much nicer companies and lifestyle there, if you don't get anything in EU. Besides market is gonna be better in 3-4 months anyway. Why don't you guys wait a little bit or look better around before getting into this crazy queue to go there?!