PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 20th Sep 2008, 20:17
Qatari515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, fair enough....

I said Id leave it at this, and so I will.

Two rethorical questions for you than N21:

1) How come you stayed many years, took the so called abuse and only left after a private dispute (nothing to do with flight ops but with HR) prooved to be impossible to solve?

2) How come that, when you left, you did NOT go to Air Asia? You had the option available to you, yet You opted to go to an outfit which, looking at the outside glitter and glamour awards you are referring to, is much less reputable, pays less and has a much more uncertain future company wise.

I am sure you must have had a very valid reason, as I hold you in high respect as you know and you are one of the smartest people I have seen around here for a long time. What intrigues me is that so many people seem to be defending a company which actually, they dont know at all!

I thought Air Asia was a good company and could even be once an alternative for myself, but after having met several pilots who flew there before and who told me the insides, I changed opinion dratstically.

It might be a good alternative if one is without a job. But I am not sure at all if it would suit as an alternative to QR.

As you said, jedem das seine = everybody decides for himself, case closed I would say. I just tried to offer some much needed perspective to the case here, as once more here in Qatar the pessimism and "grass is greener on the other side syndrome" are spreading faster than a supervirus!

For some guys it will be the right thing to do I am sure. This for sure is the case for the guys who failed their upgrades here for example. But to make this move after 6 - 12 months here, after having invested so much money plus having signed a bond....Not a good thing I would say.

But than again, who am I?

Last edited by Qatari515; 20th Sep 2008 at 20:31.