PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAA ATC Positions
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2008, 20:11
The Jolly Roger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Operation desert storm......

Jackl has a few valid points......I don't think that he is trying to paint a grim picture of Ireland and working for the IAA. There are certain things that need to be said. Yeah, the weather is crap.....if ya like the rain, go out and get wet!!! Irish weather is sh**e for the most of the year anyways. It does get you down and I'm convinced its why half the country is depressed!!! The IAA isn't a bad company to work for. Yeah they could be better but what company couldn't. And I think the IAA know this very much!! The one thing that you do feel working there is secure. I did anyways. With regards to the economy.....from what i'm hearing, it is in freefall. It was bound to happen. No doubt it will pick up again in the future. It IS expensive to live there. Let no-one tell you otherwise. Cars aren't cheap, petrol isn't cheap, childcare isn't cheap, food isn't cheap. I'm saying this because even tho the salary is high compared to the average industrial wage in Ireland, you still feel a pinch. If you want to go to Ireland to make money, forget it. If you want to go to feed your appetite for adventure, go for it. The grass is always a little greener wherever you go. When I decided to leave the emerald isle, I asked myself one question: In 20 years time will I look back and regret not walking away from the comfort zone and walking into something I knew little about? The answer is I would. So far so good.....but you never know. Take it as it comes. Ireland is a great place....but right now, the desert is better!!! (and hotter!!!!)....